Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Welcome to my world!

Well, this is my second attempt at a blog. The first failed miserably. Of course, there's a possibility that it only ended up that way because I was describing the world through my pet's eyes. She really had nothing interesting to tell. Yes, I know, it's strange when people do things like that, but I just had to give it a try. But this blog isn't about my dog, although you may hear her mentioned every once in a while.
My life hasn't been going on for very long, but it has been everything but boring. When I was little, my sister was diagnosed with leukemia and has been fighting since then. It's been an amazing experience for my whole family. It changed our lives so much. Of course, I've known nothing but having that in my life. I don't know if everyone realizes that it affects the family as much as it does the patient. Of course the patient has to deal with getting stuck with needles and undergoing surgeries, but we all struggle. It's so hard to see someone you love so much be hurt. But let's not think about the negatives. It's definitely brought my family closer. (These are all positives..) And I now have had the opportunity to meet many different people, something I will never forget.
My whole family is different. My father is very much a people-person. He is very comfortable around new people. My mother is very thoughtful. She's the person that you go talk to when you have a problem. (Most of the time anyway) My oldest sister, (There are four of us) is now happily married and has children. My second-0ldest sister is the one with leukemia. She is an inspiration to us all. My next sister is one of my best friends. Although she does get on my nerves and we fight often, we still love each other. I often go to her with my troubles and she'll help me figure them out. She's also a very talented song-writer, although nothing has been published yet.
Now, I guess I must explain myself. I'm the youngest in my family, and it has it's perks. Unfortunately, I can't come up with any at the moment. It also has it's disadvantages. Two of my sisters are extremely close and I've gotten left out of conversations a fair share of times. But, again, I don't like the negative thinking. So, I'll move on to my hobbies. My biggest hobby is writing. Unlike my sister, I write stories. I'm currently working on one, and I hope that someday it will be published. But I have my doubts that it's even good enough to be glanced at. I also like, no, that's an understatement, love to read. I'm currently reading Eclipse, the third book in the Twilight series. If any of you have ever read any of those books, you can understand my need to endlessly talk about or read these books. They are the point of most of my conversations. I'm not sure if my family appreciates my random facts, such as Edward drives a silver Volvo or that Bella's boyfriend is a Vampire and one of her best friends is a Werewolf. Although, they are going to have to get used to it seeing as my thoughts are now almost always in Forks, Washington with Bella and Edward.
Well, I don't think there's much else you need to know about me. At least, not in this post. Of course there will be more, I'll try to update it weekly. Though forgive me if I fall behind.

Sam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, you don't know me. I don't know you. We don't even live in the same state. I read your blog, about the family. And boy do we have too much in common. If you accept, I am a very filtering reader as well. If possible, I'd like to converse with you someday about your perspective on Edward and Jacob. Even if it is over something as over-rated as the internet. Great writing! You should be a journalist.