Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!!!






Yep. Today is my mom's birthday. In my opinion, she got some pretty awesome gifts. None of them from me, my sisters, or my dad. The first gift, is that this morning, we discover that there are robin's (my mom's favorite bird) making a nest in our tree. The only other time that we've ever had a nest in our tree is when Kelly put her hair out after she lost it when she was seven. Then, when she takes my dad to work, she sees a rainbow. When she's coming back, she realizes it isn't really a rainbow, but just a patch in the sky of rainbow colors. She loved it. Later, she was talking to Marcy on the phone. I was in the bathroom, brushing my teeth and getting ready for the day, and I hear 'Rose! Rose, come here! You have to see this!' coming from the kitchen. With a sigh, I put my things away and slowly go out to the kitchen, expecting just another robin or something. Instead, she points out a baby bunny sitting in the middle of our back yard. We watch it from our kitchen window for a while, and then at Marcy's request, I go outside to take some pictures. It sits incredible still for a few minutes as it watches me as I lift the camera to take a picture. Soon, it decides I'm not going to hurt it, and it just goes about it's business. That was at 10 this morning. As I'm writing this, he's still in our back yard, sitting in front of our shed, eating dandelions. Amazing, right? He let me get incredibly close to him to take pictures, and me and my mom were both thrilled. So we sat outside for about two hours (I'm not even kidding. I took, like, fifty pictures of him.) and just watched him dart in and out of our shed as he ate a little. As we're watching him, we hear a bird song that sounds really cool. So we look up, and sitting on a pole right near us is a dove. To top it all off, it's really really nice out. I don't think we could have asked for a better day. So, happy birthday Mom.

1 comment:

Patty Grubb said...

and another gift is having this awesome family and having you home to share this day with me. i love you to pieces - great pix.
xoxox
mom