Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Oh, dear Pencil, please move.

Writer's block is perhaps the worst thing that can happen to you when you're trying to actually write something. I would like to be a professional writer one day, and I really hate it when I get a sudden brain lapse. It's like I just shut down, and I can't get words to fit in to a sentence and to still make sense. Now, I've tried things in the past to get through this as quickly as possible; I tried listening to music, reading other things, going outside and taking a walk, moving to a different place and trying to write. These things work for a short time, and then I can only get a certain amount of words to flow right. Sadly, I find that I just need to sit down, and think. About anything. Or sometimes, it actually works to just sit down and write random words/phrases on a sheet of paper. One word can send a landslide of ideas. I actually think I have better ideas later at night, but then again, I'm so tired sometimes, I write something down that I believe to be good at the time, and then in the morning, I read it and go 'what was I thinking?' But that's just the way it goes. And with writing, you can always go back and cut things out, or add things in. You can change it. I only wish it worked that way with real life.
Peace
Sam

No comments: