Today was my sister's funeral. This past week, my family has had a lot of company. I have discovered the many ways to hug someone, as I have received a lot of hugs lately. So, I thought I would share my discoveries with you, my readers.
1. You have the basic hug. You use both of your arms, and it's a genuine hug. This is a hug that is most given to people you actually like.
2. The really-really-glad-to-see-you-hug. You practically hug the life out of each other, you're so darn happy to see them again. Again, you use both arms. Quite often you hug, step back to see how much each other have changed, and then embrace again.
3. The Oh-my-gosh-I'm-so-sorry-let's-cry-together-hug. (I have gotten this a lot lately) Sometimes these can be good. You know, you both just cry in to the other person's shoulder and hug for a really long time. Other times, only one person feels the need to cry-which can result in awkwardness.
4. The never-ending-hug. Sometimes, the one person just hugs for too long. You're just ready to be over with the hug.
5. The awkward-I-don't-really-want-to-hug-you-hug. Sometimes, you meet those people that just really like to give hugs-at really random times. One person starts to hug, and the other just goes stiff. Sometimes they'll be nice enough to at least to give a hug with one arm, other times, both arms just stay at their sides, and you just stand there. It can result in awkward silences.
6. The one-arm-to-the-side-hug. The people that just come over and stand next to you and put one arm around you.
7. The I'm-only-hugging-you-because-everyone-else-is-hug. Sometimes, when everyone is hugging everyone, except for these two people really won't hug each other right away. Then, as everyone waits expectantly, the two reluctantly hug each other briefly because they really don't want anything to do with each other.
8. The rub-your-back-raw-hug. When people hug, they sometimes rub your back a little. It's comforting-unless they do it a whole lot. Then you really just want to whisper to them to cut it out. (Of course, you have to whisper because you don't want to embarrass them, right?)
9. The goodbye-hug. Goodbyes have special hugs. I don't really know how to explain it, but they just seem different. Hopefully you know what I mean, because I can't explain.
10. The I-love-you-and-I'll-show-you-through-hugging-you-at-random-times-hug. Yes, it does have quite a long title, but it's something I do a lot. Me and my family are definitely the hugging type. So, yes, we do just go up to each other at random times and hug each other. It's definitely a way for me to show my love for my family.
So there you have it-my list of ten different hugs. Of course, there are more. We could make a huge list of hug-types. But let's not. This post is already long! But I just want to say one more thing. No matter what type of hug it is, I still just love getting them! Hugs are always a nice way to comfort someone else. Hope you all have a great Easter.